Saturday 15 March 2014

SHENSTONE ON THE RIGHT PATH TO THE POINTS

West Midlands Regional League
Division One
SHENSTONE PATHFINDERS FC 3 WYRLEY FC 1
Having to pick up my mum who lives in Lichfield, I have often wanted to visit Shenstone Pathfinders FC, but every time I've gone to Lichfield for some reason or another Id never made it there, today was the time to make that visit. At 9.30am I rang Club Secretary Gary Cantelo and he returned my call to confirm the game was on.
 
After calling in at my mums for a quick cuppa, Hazel dropped me off at the ground on the very tight and packed car park, as I walked in to the clubhouse bar, I was greeted by Gary and had a cuppa from the friendly barmaid. I spoke to the lady referee to wish her all the best for the game.
 
At 2.30pm, I had a shock as my best man of my wedding Greg Osborne walked in with his dad Mick, so we had a chat and headed out to watch the match.
 
The visitors had the better of the first 15 minutes with their number 10 having 3 shots just off target. On 19 minutes came the homesters first chance, when the left wing, the ball was played in for CHRIS CADDY to slot home. It looked then as of the game had turned around as Pathfinders went on the search to increase their lead and nearly added when the ball was tipped over the bar at the last second by the visiting keeper.
 
So in we went at half time with Shenstone one goal to the good and a nice cuppa. The teams came out for the second half and the visitors rolled the dice by quickly introducing their three subs to try and change the shape of the game.
 
On 55 minutes, came goal of the game when Chris Caddy on the left wing chipped in a cross for TIM TRAVERS to volley home to make it 2-0. The visitors had a few more chances but Shenstone defence held firm. Shenstone then made a sub and within 15 seconds he got booked, possibly the quickest ever booking I've ever seen!
 
Shenstone pushed forward again and now looked in control as the clock was running down, on 81 minutes, the ball came in from the left and the visitors failed to clear and the ball fell to ALEX LEONARD to fire home from 12 yards out to increase the lead to 3-0.
 
As the game was dying down in the final moments, a break forward saw NICK MILLARD score a consolation goal for Wyrley.
 
Must say the ref had a good game and could have booked a few more players but used common sense and kept her cards in her pockets.
 
Photos from the game can be seen on this LINK
 
Now over 110 Advanced Tickets sold for this seasons NOTTS SENIOR LEAGUE GROUNDHOP , more information and booking form can be obtained from me, please e-mail me on hornby60uk@yahoo.co.uk
 
MY FACEBOOK GROUP
Non League Grounds England Wales, Scotland with over 2000 members, join today
 
 
 
THE BLOGS CHARITY
A BIG Thanks go to these people and clubs for their kind donations towards this seasons charity..THE OAKLANDS FOR ADULTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS. After each match I will update the Charity Running Total and the donators list and goals seen. Each goal I see I donated 25p, also clubs and people donate as well, so if you wish to make a donation and see me at a match, no matter how small, I'd be very grateful
 
Andy Cruddice
Ashland Rovers FC
Bedford Groundhop Stall
Beeston AFC
Blidworth Welfare FC
Clipstone FC
Danny Staley(Kimberley MW FC)
Dave Norris
Dave Woodings
Dean Kiss
Dudsey
FC Samba
Ian Marshall
Jez Wright
Jimmy Jazz
"Keith" The Pinxton Gnome
Lee Cook(Pinxton FC)
Linby CW FC
Malc Storer
Moorgreen FC x 2
Netherfield Albion FC
Newark Flowserve FC
Nuneaton Griff FC
Richard Lane
Rod(Nuneaton Griff FC)
Sherwood Colliery FC
Southwell City FC
Steve Reading
Welbeck Welfare FC
 
267 GOALS
 RUNNING AMOUNT
£422.72
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment