Saturday 25 January 2014

WOODS STORM TO WIN

Central Midlands League
North Division
SHERWOOD COLLIERY FC 5 WELBECK WELFARE FC 1
 
Having to stay local due to yesterday being Hazel's birthday and her daughter coming down for the weekend, the weather was very poor over Friday Night, so it was a matter of looking what was on. My first choice match was this match at Debdale Park as its only about 400 yards from where I live.
 
On arrival, I notice that they have put a new pay box in on the drive up to the ground, where I buy my programme and also my raffle ticket, to which I win a bottle of wine.
 
I stood with ref Scott Mason as kick off happens as his game over at Clay Cross Town has been called off earlier off in the day. After 12 minutes, Sherwood take the lead through TIM GREGORY as the rain begins, so I go to find shelter under the stand. The rain begins to get heavier and loud claps of thunder and sparks of lightening light up the sky as it goes quite dark. On 21 minutes, a cross from the right wing finds the head of ASHLEY FLEET who doubles the score. I chat away to the good folk from Glapwell FC. Half time came and it was thought the referee had called the game off, so I retired to the clubhouse for a pint, Welbeck then got changed from their red shirts and after a pitch inspection the second half was said to go ahead, so Welbeck came out in Yellow shirts.
 
The visitors then had the better of the chances but couldn't convert any and their heads went down after 51 minutes when ASHLEY FLEEY made it 3-0 to Sherwood. The rain had cleared up but the pitch was a bit of a mudbath with the ball rolling ok. After 62 minutes with his first touch of the ball sub BRENDAN WILLIAMS increased the homesters lead.
 
After 80 minutes, CARL RUSSO made it 5-0 with a tap in, but Welbeck didn't give up and on 88 minutes, a long range free kick stuck the post for BLAKE to tap in the rebound.
 
Photos from the match can be seen on this LINK
 
Sherwood Colliery FC Website/Twitter
 
Welbeck Welfare FC Website
 
Link to my Facebook Non League Group
 
Information about the Notts Senior League Groundhop, please contact me on hornby60uk@yahoo.co.uk or please have a read of http://aroundthegrounds2013-14.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/notts-senior-league-groundhop-update.html
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
THE BLOGS CHARITY
A BIG Thanks go to these people and clubs for their kind donations towards this seasons charity..THE OAKLANDS FOR ADULTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS. After each match I will update the Charity Running Total and the donators list and goals seen. Each goal I see I donated 25p, also clubs and people donate as well, so if you wish to make a donation and see me at a match, no matter how small, I'd be very grateful
 
Andy Cruddice
Ashland Rovers FC
Bedford Groundhop Stall
Beeston AFC
Blidworth Welfare FC
Clipstone FC
Danny Staley(Kimberley MW FC)
Dave Norris
Dudsey
Ian Marshall
Jimmy Jazz
"Keith" The Pinxton Gnome
Lee Cook(Pinxton FC)
Linby CW FC
Moorgreen FC x 2
Netherfield Albion FC
Newark Flowserve FC
Nuneaton Griff FC
Richard Lane
Rod(Nuneaton Griff FC)
Sherwood Colliery FC
Southwell City FC
Welbeck Welfare FC
 
236 GOALS
 RUNNING AMOUNT
£363.75
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment