Saturday 11 January 2014

HUCKNALL ROLL TO THREE POINTS

Notts Senior League
Senior Division
HUCKNALL ROLLS LEISURE FC 4 BURTON JOYCE FC 1
I was going to Underwood Villa v Netherfield Albion today until when I found out the match was being played at Underwood's ground I altered my plans, as I looked out the window it was drizzling here in Mansfield and thought I'd ring the contact I have at Hucknall Rolls Royce to check if there was a planned pitch inspection, as my facebook group Non League England Wales & Scotland was getting a lot of games called off. When I rang, the reply was I've no idea I'm in Cambodia!!
I then rang Darren Ward at Burton Joyce FC and he said he had heard nothing to say it wasn't on and it was a 3pm kick off, so all systems go and it was Hucknall Rolls Leisure FC I was heading for.
On arrival, I was greeted by the Rolls Management and the young lady who was doing the secretary job today, as was she when I last saw Rolls when they beat Bilborough Town first game of the season. I was then invited for a cuppa and again at half time.
With Hucknall Rolls in second place in the table, two points behind leaders Kimberley Miners Welfare, this was a must win game for them. Burton Joyce FC in the bottom half of the table.
 
The game kicked off and Burton Joyce FC had not read the script as after just 108 seconds, TROY SMITH broke through and put the visitors in to a shock lead. Burton Joyce continued to create the better of the chances and could well have been 3-0 up, whilst Rolls play seemed to break down and not really test the visiting keeper.
 
Thinking of my half time cuppa on 43 minutes and a handball occurred in the visitors penalty box giving Referee Barry Goodley no option but to award a home penalty to which it was duly dispatched by ANDY START to level up the scores. There was still more to come with seconds on the watch in the first half, when a foul 30 yards out gave the homesters a free kick, which CONNOR WHITES swerved over the Burton Joyce wall giving the keeper no chance to send Rolls in to a half time lead 2-1.
 
The Second half got underway with Hucknall stepping up the game and attacking a lot more making the visiting keeper work a lot more, but Burton Joyce wasn't without chances either. On 65 minutes, a ball was crossed in and GREG CONN swept past the Burton Joyce keeper to increase the home teams advantage to 3-1. Within two minutes, it was 4-1 when a long free kick from the left side was sent in and met low by the head of ANDY START.
The visitors didn't give up and hit the bar with a looping shot, whilst at the other end, their keeper pulled off two very good saves .
 
PHOTOS from the game can be seen on this LINK
 
Hucknall Rolls Leisure FC Twitter
 
Burton Joyce FC Twitter
 
Link to my Facebook Non League Group
 
Information on the NOTTS SENIOR LEAGUE GROUNDHOP can be obtained from me on hornby60uk@yahoo.co.uk or have a read of http://aroundthegrounds2013-14.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/notts-senior-league-groundhop-update.html
 
THE BLOGS CHARITY

 
A BIG Thanks go to these people and clubs for their kind donations towards this seasons charity..THE OAKLANDS FOR ADULTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS. After each match I will update the Charity Running Total and the donators list and goals seen. Each goal I see I donated 25p, also clubs and people donate as well, so if you wish to make a donation and see me at a match, no matter how small, I'd be very grateful

Andy Cruddice
Ashland Rovers FC
Bedford Groundhop Stall
Beeston AFC
Blidworth Welfare FC
Clipstone FC
Danny Staley(Kimberley MW FC)
Dave Norris
Dudsey
Ian Marshall
Jimmy Jazz
"Keith" The Pinxton Gnome
Lee Cook(Pinxton FC)
Linby CW FC
Moorgreen FC x 2
Netherfield Albion FC
Newark Flowserve FC
Nuneaton Griff FC
Richard Lane
Rod(Nuneaton Griff FC)
Sherwood Colliery FC
Southwell City FC
Welbeck Welfare FC
 
215 GOALS
 
RUNNING AMOUNT
£358.50
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment