Thursday 15 May 2014

REVIEW OF THE 2013-14 SEASON

REVIEW OF THE 2013-14 SEASON FOR ME
 
82 Matches I've been to this season, from little villages in Cornwall like Looe to around Notts Senior League Grounds and Central Midlands Grounds.

Some great moments included:
 
 Raising a staggering £1250.33  for the The Oaklands Centre for Adults with Specials Needs in Warsop near Mansfield.
 
The Second Ever Notts Senior League Groundhop where the attendances even shocked me and the event ran like clockwork.
 
Visiting so many lovely clubs who just made Me and Hazel and of course Shawn so welcome across the country.
 
Meeting so many friends through Non League Football, including fellow Bloggers and of course Hoppers and Club Volunteers around the Grounds.

Being honoured to be asked to present trophys at 2 different cup finals for the Notts Senior League where Hucknall Rolls Leisure beat Boots Athletic 3-2 after extra time at Eagle Valley, Arnold Town FC and the CMFL League Cup where AFC Mansfield beat Thorne Colliery 2-1 at Alfreton Town FC.
 
Well the season all begin for me on a nice sunny afternoon at Welbeck Welfare who played Selston Fc in a Pre-Season Friendly, a game that saw Selston run out 3-2 winners and ended at Clifton All Whites FC who beat South Normanton Athletic 4-2 to win the CMFL South Championship title.

I am always asked questions like what is the best game you have seen this season and whats the best goal you've seen etc, so I'm going to try and answer them if I can.

Most Improved Ground Visited
KEYWORTH UNITED FC
Since my last visit,  they had installed Floodlights and still working on the ground now.
 
 Best Game Seen
Netherfield Albion v Bingham Town
This Cup Tie had so many turns in it, with one side going in front then the other fighting back and taking the lead and after extra time still remaining level, so it went to penalties

Best Goal Seen
Andy Start's goal for Hucknall Rolls Leisure v Awsworth Villa, where he hit the ball that had dropped over his shoulder and smashed it home on the volley from out side the area.
 
Most Friendliest Club
There are so many and cant upset any of them..Had a pint with quite a few, so many have donated money to my blog charity, so cant choose
 
Best Beer
KEYWORTH UNITED FC
cant remember much as I didn't buy any at the Groundhop but had a few!!!
 
Best Food
ST AUSTELL
Them pasties were grand. Real nice touch when the committee offered me and my family and a Groundhopper from Kent pasties after the match to go with our pints.
 
Funniest Moment
RUDDINGTON VILLAGE FC
First time of going to Ruddington Village FC this season and explaining to their Chairman how we could pull off a Groundhop Match..At first, he thought I was winding him up saying you would have a crowd of about 250 there. He was over the moon on the day when 319 turned up and he was proud he had sold out of shirts!
 
BEST PROGRAMME
CLAY CROSS TOWN FC
Full of information and a real good read.
 
MOST IMPROVED PROGRAMME
SANDHURST FC
Gareth Tye has worked hard on this programme for his club and though it may not the best in the Notts Senior League, it is one of the best in the Divisions.
 
BEST WELCOME
There are so many places I've visited and people have made me, my wife Hazel and my 9 year old son Shawn so welcome. There are places such as Newark Flowserve FC where they sat Shawn at the Christmas Party table to join in. There are clubs that have given me lifts here and there, so really difficult to name just one.

BEST PERSON
HAZEL HORNBY
Without my wife Hazel who drives me about due to me being epliptic and in remission from Hodgkins Lymphomia, none of this blog or going to football for me would be possible. She runs the programme stall at the Groundhops and helps raise the blogs charity funds doing the raffles at the Notts Senior Cup Finals as well.
 
I know I have possibly forgot some people and clubs on here, so if I have please dont get offended.
 
With that, I have to go to the OAKLANDS CENTRE, where I will be handing over the cheque to them. I will of course post the photos on here. I've still got to set the date yet.

Meanwhile I have already set up next seasons blog and chosen a small group for my charity as they are in need of help. I have also added some pre season friendlies on there as well
 
 
Please click on and have a look
 
Also if on Facebook, why not join my Non League Football Group
 

No comments:

Post a Comment