Saturday 30 November 2013

BRIDGFORD CLOSE THE GAP ON LEAGUE LEADERS

Notts Senior League
Division One
WEST BRIDGFORD FC 2 UNDERWOOD VILLA FC 1
Up to yesterday, I wasn't going anywhere today having been laid up in bed with flu since Monday and Hazel feeling under the weather too. This morning, it was a early start with Shawn's Boys Brigade having their Christmas Fayre, feeling abit better I rang the secretary of Keyworth United Fc and he explained that it best I not go over to Platt Lane today as a couple of their committee were away this weekend and could I have the groundhop meeting at their next home game. I then rang Baz at West Bridgford FC to check they were at home today and to call a Groundhop meeting with them after their match. Funny I should go today as this was the reverse Groundhop fixture from last season that resulted in a 2-2 draw.
 
A nice greeting on arrival was met by both clubs and by todays Referee Colin White, then was approached by Underwood's new signing Scott Thorpe who asked f we could give him a lift home, after he had caught the bus from Mansfield to this game.
 
As the players entered the pitch, I looked around to find I was the only spectator whilst the players did the respect handshake, then I was joined by a few locals and a few of the visiting sides dads..
 
The First Half saw West Bridgford hit the bar and go close from a free kick whilst Villa had a couple of chances of their own, just as I was thinking of my half time cuppa, the homesters gained a corner which bounced around the area until JORDON McKENZIE swept home to give his side a half time lead.
 
After my half time cuppa, I joined Baz for the Second Half and had a good chat about football with both sides playing some good football, but it was West Bridgford who looked the most likely to score and that is infact what they did after 58 minutes when PATRICK NEWSON doubled the lead.
 
This game was far from over, as Villa had their best spell of the game and the home keeper was called in to action a couple of times before being beaten in the 68th minute by JOSH HUNT to set up a end to end last 20 plus minutes.
 
A good GROUNDHOP meeting with West Bridgford FC after the match and they are really geared up for Saturday 12th April and look to welcome all to their ground, where they will be issuing their FIRST EVER MATCHDAY PROGRAMME.
 
For More Information on the NOTTS SENIOR LEAGUE GROUNDHOP
 
 
Photo's from todays match can be seen on this LINK
 
WEST BRIDGFORD FC WEBSITE/TWITTER
 
UNDERWOOD VILLA FC WEBSITE
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment